A little update...


Hi! It's been a little while since I've posted on here, and I promise that there is a very good reason for that. The thing is, I am actually writing this in a new location. Gone is my desk in my family home with my dogs at my feet (well, it's still there, I'm just not) and in its place is... a desk in a dorm room at university.

For so long the possibility of this seemed impossible (which I am sure many of you will relate to) and I know it isn't going to be easy - it's going to be far from that. It is going to be difficult and tiring and I'm sure filled with many mistakes as I try to figure out how to work with my body to accomplish this, but I am here and I am ... hopeful. Hopeful that maybe it'll work out perfectly. Hopeful that even if it doesn't, I will have gained something I didn't have before - be that friends, experience or a greater knowledge of both myself and the course (English) I've chosen.

To be honest with you, I started my time here pretty scared. This is so different to anything I've experienced and I'm without my usual support network for the first time, and I have no idea how I am going to cope, but, I am determined to at least try. Today actually marks the end of my fourth week here - I've made it an entire month!

What does this mean for this corner of the internet, then? Well, I'm hoping to keep it much the same - I have many posts planned. I'm sure you'll understand if these take a little while to appear as I find my feet. And, if you have any advice for surviving at university with a chronic illness I'd love to hear them, leave a comment below!

Love, Emily


Photo by G. Bailey : Photo by J. Bailey